Tuesday, September 23, 2014

HATCH Opening Night


Left to right from back: Brigette, Karl, Jordan, Jason, Lorell, Amanda, Leah and Ryan (photographer)

Our 'guerilla' exhibition HATCH, held at the SA Writer's Centre, officially opened on Friday night and was an unqualified success. The turn-out was greater than any of us expected and there was an incredibly positive and excited buzz in the gallery as visitors soaked up the amazing work on display.
I still can't quite believe how smoothly this exhibition came together - my fellow illustration students are just an exemplary bunch and I feel so lucky to share this final year with them. 
Of course, this exhibition is a prelude to the Visual Communication graduate show, which happens in late November. I'll post more about that as it gets closer to the time.

Outside the SA Writer's Centre

It was so exciting to have such a large space full of people

aylor (my daughter), myself and my friend, Eva

Sue Ninham opening the exhibition
You can check out all of the students' wonderful illustration work here




2 comments:

  1. Woohoo......fun night! Wish i could see it. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lorell.You certainly earned any accolades you have received. Can't wait to pop down and see your work. HGow fabulous that you have signed with Omnibus to publish your book!!You must be thrilled.
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete